(COVID-19) Information - Updated 8.24.2020
COVID-19 RESOURCES AND RESPONSE INFORMATION
CITY DECLARATION - The CIty of Shafter has declared a local emergency in response to the COVID-19 health crisis following Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order (N-33-20). On March 17, 2020, the City Council adopted Resolution No. 2711 declaring a local emergency regarding COVID-19 and on May 5, 2020, the City Council adopted Resolution No. 2715 extended the existence of a local emergency regarding COVID-19. Mayor Alvarado signed Resolution No. 2744 on August 18. A Resolution of The City Council of The City of Shafter Ratifying Director of Emergency Services/City Manager Orders Regarding Temporary Outdoor Regulations for Businesses in The City Of Shafter In Response To The Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic. Press Release- City of Shafter COVID-19
CITY SERVICES REMAIN IN OPERATION - The City of Shafter has adjusted business practices to adhere to standards as a result of the State mandates in relation to COVID-19. In person services at City Hall, will be unavailable until further notice. If you have any questions regarding specific services please contact the department below.
- City Manager / City Clerk Office: By appointment only (661) 746-5000
- Finance Office: Open using the walk-up window in the alley (661) 746-5001
- City Services Department: By appointment only / Limited Access (661) 746-5002
- Human Resources: By appointment only / (661) 746-5003.
- Police Department: Open Monday-Friday 7AM-3PM (661) 746-8500
- Animal Control Services: Open 9AM to 3PM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. 1PM-7PM on Wednesdays.
- Dial-A-Ride: Open Monday-Friday 7:30-4:30PM (661) 746-2955. No County Services until further notice. No Saturday Service until further Notice
PUBLIC MEETINGS- All meetings are held virtually via ZOOM and live on the City of Shafter YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/cityofshafter
Public Comments - may be submitted in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4PM on meeting day. You may also comment verbally by calling the City Clerk at (661) 746-5012 by noon the day prior to the meeting date.
PARKS AND EQUIPMENT - Parks operated by the City of Shafter remain open to the general public. Park and Field reservations are currently closed until further notice. Visit parks at your own risk, remember to follow the guidelines below when visiting.
KERN COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT - Please visit the Public Health Department's website for the latest information on COVID-19 in Kern.
CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH COVID-19 - For COVID-19 updates on a state level, visit https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/ncov2019.aspx
STATE OF CALIFORNIA COVID-19 - Every County in California is assigned a tier based on its rate of new cases. Check Kern County's tier status here to see how businesses and activities can safely reopen.
- Currently Kern County is in the purple tier (widespread)
- To find your "Industry Guidance" to reduce the risk and reopen your business safely click here.
KERN RECOVERS PROGRAM - All programs are county funded programs developed to help local small businesses and nonprofits during COVID-19. Programs are available until all funds are awarded and depleted. For more information please visit the following sites:
- Kern Recovers Nonprofit Grant Program
- Kern Recovers PPE Support Program
- Kern Recovers Small Business Loan Program
RENT & MORTGAGE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM - effective September 21, 2020. For more information or to apply call 2-1-1.
HOUSING FOR HARVEST PROGRAM - Housing for the Harvest Program will provide safe and temporary isolation spaces for farmworkers who test positive for COVID-19 to slow the spread in their communities. For more information please call 2-1-1.
Cosecha Sana proporcionará espacios de aislamiento seguros y temporales para los trabajadores agrícolas que den prueda positivo de COVID19 para frenar la propagación en sus comunidades. Para obtener más información, llame al 2-1-1.